TDAS offer Domestic Abuse Awareness Training for professionals who may come into contact, or work with victims of domestic abuse.
This one-day awareness course aims to:
- Raise practitioners' awareness of the impact of domestic abuse on victims and their families
- Look at how we, as practitioners, respond to those experiencing domestic abuse
- Increase participants' ability to offer help and support to victims of domestic abuse
- Provide information on where specialist support and help can be obtained for victims
- Raise standards of practice
- Demonstrate knowledge of domestic abuse and its impact on victims and children, including Forced Marriage and Honour Based Violence
- Demonstrate knowledge of the extent of domestic abuse
- Identify the support available to victims including refuges, outreach projects, the police, health services and the criminal justice system
- Respond to disclosures of domestic abuse
- Understand how to complete safety planning
- Understand the need for effective inter and multi agency working
If you are interested in TDAS delivering the programme for your team or would like further information please contact the Services Manager on 0161 872 7368 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.