Domestic Abuse Advisor (DAA)
Title: Domestic Abuse Advisor (DAA)
Area: Accommodation Services
Reporting to: Accomodation Team Leader
Hours of Work: 37 hours per week (Mon - Fri)
TDAS is an independent voluntary organisation which is affiliated to Women’s Aid Federation England. TDAS and has been operating since June 1990. TDAS is a company Limited by guarantee and a registered charity.
TDAS is the only specialist agency in Trafford to deliver services to adults, children and young people who are experiencing or have experienced domestic abuse.
Purpose of the role
To provide a trauma-informed support service for those women who are living in TDAS refuges or other accommodations. Working collaboratively with partners to provide practical advice and emotional support for adults in refuge, temporary and supported accommodation and to ultimately support them with their resettlement into the community.
You will work as part of a skilled, multi-disciplinary staff team and must be approachable and highly motivated in supporting and encouraging each individual person experiencing domestic abuse to make choices in order to determine their own future.
Main duties –
• To provide a specialist trauma-informed 1-2-1 support for women in Refuge, Move on and Supported Accommodation across Trafford including practical and emotional support, and safety planning • To network and liaise with all relevant agencies regarding the emotional, developmental and practical needs of adults, children and young people for whom TDAS is providing a service
· To welcome adults into the accommodation services, providing guidance and induction to the service and answering queries and concerns.
· To ensure all areas of TDAS properties are safe/clean, and all
repairs/breakages are reported in a timely manner and any
associated repairs are undertaken within defined timescales
· To assess benefit requirements and assist with applications
for housing and other benefits
· To introduce the women to the Independent Living Scheme
and support their planned move on and resettlement
· To ensure that residents receive a quality service at all times, raising issues with the Team Leader in a timely manner.
· To undertake daily checks and be responsible for ensuring all Health & Safety checks are undertaken and complied with
· To record in detail accurate, factual and appropriate notes of all meetings and discussions with service users
· To complete initial and on-going risk assessments and support plans for all service users
· To be a flexible team player supporting colleagues as and when necessary
· To work to promote and support the development of TDAS by being a positive ambassador at all times with colleagues, service users and external agencies
· Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by the Team Leader, Services Manager, CEO and Board of Trustees, commensurate with the grade and job title of this post
· To comply with and work within the standards laid down within the bounds of all of TDAS’s Policies and Procedures and Guidelines
· Ensure all survivors are made aware of the services available under the Home Fire Risk Assessment and making appropriate referrals to the Fire Service
· Provide a safe and secure environment, when meeting any service user, in which their physical, emotional, intellectual and social wellbeing is promoted.
· Access regular feedback to improve information, advice and support services offered to women and men
· To be fully aware of and implement, as appropriate, Child Protection, Safeguarding, Protection of Vulnerable adults Policies and Procedures in accordance with TDAS’s Aid and Trafford Council policies.
· Work in partnership with and actively network with women, men, staff, statutory, voluntary and community organisations to promote the welfare and well being of each individual person offered a service by TDAS.
· Play an active part in the promotion, running and delivery of work undertaken with professionals and service users living in the Refuge and Tier 2 accommodation e.g. Women’s Groups, True Colours, Back to Me, Brighter Futures, Advice Surgeries and Training for professionals.
· Liaise with TDAS CYP Support Worker in order to provide a holistic support package to the whole family
· Undertake consultation, monitoring and evaluation in relation to services provided to continuously improve services provision.
· Provide sufficient cover for other TDAS services to cover annual leave/sickness etc
TO APPLY PLEASE DOWNLOAD AND COMPLETE AN APPLICATION FORM BELOW AND EMAIL IT TO ADMIN@TDAS.ORG.UK